Re: J1939 to NMEA 2000 Gateway ?'s

Trusted Contributor

You should contact Maretron for more information.

[ Edited ]

Can this Maretron J2K100 converter also work on Caterpillar C18 engine through SeaTalk NG connection? How sure can this be?, 'cause the converter is order basis and it cost a lot also.. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

You should be able to pick up the J1939 at the same place as the CAT marine power displays that you are removing.  You will need two J2K100, one for each engine.  There should be a short cable plugged into the back of the CAT marine power displays with a 12 pin connector  (CAN + is on pin 7, CAN - is on pin 8).  This cable should go down to a 3 pin or 6 pin connector where you should connect the J2K100.   

J1939 to NMEA 2000 Gateway ?'s

I'm hoping someone will help me out...

Trying to interface a vessel that has two C-12's (2004) with new LCD NMEA 2000 displays (Raymarine). The customer can not justify spending $4,400 for new CAT displays when he says they will fail in two years. So he has asked for a back up chart plotter with the capability to display engine gauges.  I know that a Maretron J2K100 will work fine, but where and how is that connected into the J1939 Network? Does CAT offer a Duestch connector to micro (NMEA 2000) adapter? (The Bridge, J2K100, has a five pin micro male connector on the J1939 side) Or does one need to be spliced in?

The existing LCD CAT panels will be removed. Are those cables going to the LCD's,  J1939 Network cables? If not, then to keep the J1939 Network stable, a "drop" will need to be added. Is this correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.