Visitor

Re: Oil pressure Sensor CAT 216-8684

Sorry i mean Rev.01 and rev.02 Smiley Happy

Visitor

Hi,

i have cat. genset has same fualt my question the old sensor Ver.01 and the new sensor Ver.02 any difference or it will work normal.

if we replaced the sensor do we need to program the control panel?

Super Contributor

Measure voltage between pins A & B. The sensor will fail if supply voltage is very much over 8 volts.
Visitor

Thanks Dave, You have just spoken as if you have this my Gensets S/N 1: ACJ01400 and S/N 2: CCMJ01399 offhand, In fact it is Electrical indicating Fault Alarm with DIAG CID 100 and FMI 3 signifying 1) Engine oil pressure and 2) Short to + Battery, Over Voltage or Open Circuit respectively. I change both sensors some three months back and now I have the same phenomenon, If it really electrical why should it occur on the two Gensets operating independently at the same time? Thanks for your Support.

Super Contributor

How are the sensors failing? Electrically, such as open or short circuit? Or are the sensors leaking? That sensor part number is the most current and is supposed to be more reliable than the previous sensor. Maybe pressure spikes are causing the failures. You could try adding a short section (maybe 2-3 feet) of #4 aeroquip hose between the sensor and port to dampen the pressure spikes. FYI The serial number Cat uses is the genset number and not the engine serial number. CMJ01400 is the genset number for 1KZ02085.
Visitor

Oil pressure Sensor CAT 216-8684

[ Edited ]

I have two Gensets with engines 3512 and Serial Number 1KZ02085 which works independently but my problem is that their oil pressure sensors fails at them time they have to do so. Those it mean that this sensor have a life time or where is the problem? Please someone should help me out.