Contributor

Re: PL1000E

Sorry for late response,

It works. Now if I remove one of the sensor on G3520E machine i get the event from PL1000e and i can show it on Operator panel. I can determine all events and diagnostic from PL1000E. 

Thanks

Contributor

iozkan have you done sucessfully?

what is the test report?

Genjua

Contributor

Thanks,

I Found Out how i can read the events and diagnostic via modbus from PL1000e. I'll Test it in my next project. If it is successful then i'll be happy to help anyone about it in this forum. 

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

"So I need to know which identifier means which alarm. Thanks in Advance"

Information on "Events and Diagnosics" are available with the engine manuals. It will also depend on the data link (J1939 or CDL)

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can anyone help me that  how can I identify the events from Modbus register. In RENR8091-04, Each alarm Identified by "Event Identifier". So I need to know which identifier means which alarm.

Thanks in Advance

Trusted Contributor

"As in my case it says data length is 86 how can i know which register is designated for particular warning/event/error."

Please reread RENR8091.  The events and diagnostics are not placed in particular Modbus regisisters.  The code (CID) and FMI are placed in an array that your application will need to translate. 

Contributor

Good Day All,

I have read this topic very carefully. Basically i am also working on PL1000E communication on Modbus TCP. I have done each and every thing and i am happy with the result.

The only thing which is teasiong me is Events and Dignostic codes i have also read document RENR8091-04 but still i am not satisfy. As in my case it says data length is 86 how can i know which register is designated for particular warning/event/error.

Please advise!

Genjua

Contributor det
Contributor

Mamunozr:

Take a look at the CDL Gateway from Monico. It can talk to not only the engine, but the compressor controllers, PLC's and flow meters. Then turn around and talk to just about any SCADA system. They have several thousand units installed on compressor packages worldwide.

Contributor det
Contributor

Many people struggle with the PL1000e, but there is an alternative product that has over 4000 units installed on CAT engines worldwide. Try the CDL Gateway, which is totally pre-configured for both Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP in the same device. All parameters are pre-mapped to either holding registers or Input registers, your choice. It is a close to "Plug & Play" as you can get in an industrial device. By the way, they also have direct communications with Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Simens, and Omron PLC's without having to deal with the inefficiencies of Modbus.

Visitor

Could be, what is strange to me is that we interchange the Port side ECM between the engines and it start from the bridge, no problem. Could the problem be on the PL1000E then?