Visitor

Re: PL1000E

Hi:

We want to collect modbus data from caterpillar G3516A3 engine mated to a compressor ariel JGT / 4, the control system is A3.

The caterpillar panel is composed of an advisor display which displays the data around locally and the data compressor is displayed with two devices Murphy TDXM and TTD  both have RS485 serial port. All this we want to lead the control room which is located about 60 meters. In total there are two compressors units that are close to each other. What do you recommend?

Thanks.

Cat Dealer
Dealer

There is a CD shipped with the PL1000E that has a utility that can be used to program it as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Trusted Contributor

You must purchase CAT ET via a local dealer as it is a subscription.  

Hello! Caterpillar ET Software, SIS software, I need this software.

Trusted Contributor

The PL1000E is configured using CatET.  Under "Utilities" select "Parameter Translation Editor".  After making all the configurations, a Parameter List Report can be generated with the Modbus register information. 

PL1000E

Hi All,

Im in the process of integrating our monitoring system with a Caterpillar PL1000E, I'm having a heck of a time getting information on MODBUS TCP/IP Holding register addresses to available engine parameters in a document format. I'm hoping someone can attach that here. Thanks!

Monitoring System Integrator