Visitor

Re: Two Brand New Ships with ELEVEN CAT Engines Each!

There are complete Plug and play solutions from www.Monicoinc.com.  You have a PM.

Trusted Contributor

There is a customer version CAT Electronic Technician available that allows customers to view all engine information and make some changes using a PC.  This version will not allow changes to engine performance or emissions parameters.

Thanks Black Cat

But I was trying to find out some information here first before resorting to the local agent.

Problem we have here is due to our location in China, there is a difficulty in communicating as not a lot of the population speak English. If we can get a "heads up" on the system via this site then we have more to go on when it comes to trying to speak to the agent.

Many thanks

BTF

Trusted Contributor

Please contact your local CAT dealer.  They can provide you with all you options for monitoring and maintaining your engines.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Two Brand New Ships with ELEVEN CAT Engines Each!

Hello All

I am presently involved in the building and sailing of two vessels here in China. We have 11 CAT Diesel engines on each ship as follows:-

1 x CAT3406 (Emergency Generator)

1 x CAT 32 Diving Emergency Generator)

1 x CAT 3412 (Harbour Generator)

2 x CAT 3516B (Main Engines)

6 x CAT 3512B (Auxiliary generators)

I have been asked to look into the possibility of obtaining the software and hardware required for the diagnostics and adjustments to the engines.

Can we buy the software to deal with all the engines we have here and if so, what do we need and how is it connected to the unit?

Lastly, and always the bottom line, how much does it cost?

Many thanks

BTF