Contributor

Re: overloading

Thanks Dave  now I understand.

mary
Super Contributor

Mary: The prop demand fuel rate specification for 2150 RPM is approximately 25 GPH (94L/hr). If fuel rate is 129L/hr at 2150 RPM, the engine is making all the horsepower it can make. Fuel rate should not reach 129 L/hr until engine is above 2300 RPM. Loading needs to be reduced or engine life will suffer drastically.
Contributor

But fuel consumption spec is 129 L/H       and    I get  128 L/H  so it  is clear engine is not overloaded.

I think both engine can take more load up to 129 L/H fuel consumptions.

I also upload a video and pic.

mary
Super Contributor

Engines are definitely overloaded. Cause could be weight, dirty hull, or more likely, incorrect wheels. Prop loading needs to be reduced enough so engine will achieve 2310-2330 RPM with vessel fully loaded (fuel, water, gear, passengers, etc)
Cat Dealer
Dealer

Those engines are rated at 2300rpm full load therefore during sea trial if the engine is correctly loaded you should see up to 2350 RPM. If this is a new build I would be looking at the propellers as you need to increase the engine RPM by at least 150rpm. If these engines are left in an overloaded condition then running them at constant full loading can reduce the service and overhaul intervals.

Contributor

yes marine engine

mary
Contributor

hi

during sea trial i noticed a lot of engine can not reach at top RPM. today i performed one sea trial 9HP00838/836  C-12 engines.

desired engine speed      2410 RPM

Engine speed                     2150 RPM

throttle                                  100%

Load                                     100%

fuel consumption               128   L/H

i record these parameters on ET   so what 

was engines overloading.

mary
Cat Dealer
Dealer

I just saw your other post with regard to the engine not reaching 2350 RPM. What you need to be looking for on ET or an MPD panel if it is fitted is the engine load factor and if possible (ET) desire RPM. If your load is at 100% and the desired RPM/ throttle position is full then you have a loading issue which could be down to a number of issues i.e.. Propeller, weight, dirty hull, incorrect trim etc.

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Propulsion engine?

Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

overloading

salam

how can i know engine is overload?

mary