Highlighted
Visitor

Re: C9 MPD Codes

Thank you,  I'll perform the swap this Saturday and report my findings.

Contributor

Either way STBD MPD to Port Harness or Port MPD to STBD Harness however the Asterisks on display and J1587 (not used on C9) are indicative of internal problem in MPD.

Visitor

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I was thinking of that but wasn't sure of creating more problems. The wiring harnesses are close enough to swap. Can I assume I need to swap both harnesses and then perform normal start up proceedure for both engines ?  

Here is my MPD system info:

Software Version:  3942605-00

RBL Version: 03.00

Serial #: 2554G053MP

The engines have 2005 build dates & have approx 1400 hrs

Contributor

Can you swap port and stdb MPDs to double check that Data Link etc is ok.

Sounds like the MPD has failed. Depending on MPD version some have reman available.

Visitor

C9 MPD Codes

Starboard MPD has stars at the data field. The code is Souce 249 Bow station MPD( there is no bow station only bridge)  SPN: 608/J1587 Network 1/ FMI 2 - erratic. Intermittent, or incorrect. I have gone thru the service manual and tested all of the steps checking the resistors and the harnesses etc. This was an intermintent issue while underway but now this code appears as soon as ignition is turned on.  Engine operates perfect and boat is well maintained. Cat mechanic plugged in lap top but nothing showed up. Any insight would be helpful. Thx for your help.