Highlighted
Visitor

Re: CAT 3512c Fuel Pressure low (pump in good condition) can anybody give some idea?

Resolved, it was fault with wrong instaled solenoid and stuck bypass valve, our manometer was sucking air and was not showing vacuum so we didnt realise that  valves were not fully open. Thanks guys for ideas.

Regular Contributor

Re: CAT 3512c Fuel Pressure low (pump in good condition) can anybody give some idea?

Check for restriction or leak on suction side. Run engine off a separate fuel supply. If the transfer pump is known to be good and you closed off fuel return then pressure should have jumped up to the safety relief valve setting in the transfer pump but there was no change.

Visitor

Yes, i have, but preshure before and after filters is low, as is sad around 1 bar or 100kpa.

Super Contributor

Tried changing the fuel filters?
Visitor
Accepted Solution

CAT 3512c Fuel Pressure low (pump in good condition) can anybody give some idea?

I have problem with pressure on fuel system, should be around 500kpa but it is 100, i have checked the transfer pump, eaven swaped from one engine to another, no change, I closed return valve while it was running (if it was bypasing pressure would jump) and no reaction. Does anyone have any idea what should i chack next.