Highlighted
Contributor FPS
Contributor

Re: 3126 - weeping crankcase breather

Thanks MarineMech.  I replaced the breather, O-ring and put new Air-seps towards the end of last season.  Was only able to put about 10hrs since, buy seems to be fine.  The real test will be this season once I splash the boat in the spring and put some real hours on it.  If problem recurs will have a "blow by" test done.  Any idea on what specs I should be looking for on the blow test?
Contributor

Re: 3126 - weeping crankcase breather

With the age on the engines it's a good possibilty that the breather assy or o-ring may need to be replaced. Check and make sure all hoses and connections are tight and not rotted.  Also check and clean the re-usable air filters on the crankcase ventilation system.
Contributor FPS
Contributor
Accepted Solution

3126 - weeping crankcase breather

3126  420HP– Leaking CrankcaseBreather

Any ideas on what would cause a crankcase breather to beginto leak oil?  Mine is leaking (weeping)at the top part of the base rim.  I have1200 hours and the engine is 10years old. Is this age + hours, fatigue weld, or something more severe?  I have ordered a new one to replace this one,but was wondering if this is a sign of something more severe to look out for.

Any views or known cause?