Visitor

Re: Cat 3126 will not shut down

I have had this problem for several seasons when first starting boat in the spring. Once it finally shuts down I can go months without any issue. Pushing the stop button on solenoid doesn't seem to have any effect. Recent service seems to have caused the recurrence of the issue much more often. I'm thinking loose or partial connection. Voltmeter seems to also be affected. Does your voltmeter on the dash agree with the one on your panel?  

Contributor

I can't get to the selonoid when running, to hot. Area is very restrictive. Have noticed that with battery in parraelle volt meters increase charge and will shut down in few minuets. Since starboard alternator charges cranking, port house believe it may be a current issue with starboard alternator ? 

Visitor

I seem to have the same problem. Have you found a solution? Did you try the manual button on the stop solenoid?

Contributor

Cat 3126 will not shut down

Ongoing issue port engine at times will not shut down. Have checked relay and fuel selinoid both appear ok. When at idle amp is +4 depressing stop increases to +6 when released drops to -6 and returns to +4

If I increase RPM and turn on crossover battery meter increases to +12 / 14 and motor will shut down after a few minuets . Cat is a year 2000 with 700 hrs. Port engine charges house Starbord charges cranking. Both are wired with preheat that turns off at 120F. Both engines run at 180F. Problem occurs mostly on short runs.

Apreciate any advise. Thank you

Bob