Highlighted
Contributor

Re: after attempting to complete a routine engine oil change i found the oil to be extremely sludge

When Antifreeze Coolant leaks into the crankcase it can react with the engine oil and form into heavy sludge almost paste.

Has the engine lost coolant? The service intervals of the engine is not mentioned and severly extended oil change periods can also overload the oil with soot and other contaminants which thickens the oil.

Chris

after attempting to complete a routine engine oil change i found the oil to be extremely sludge like

[ Edited ]

THIS IS IMPORTANT ,TAKE A MOMENT READ AND LETS GETS SOME INPUT HERE .BE NICE!!

infact it took almost 36 hrs for the oil to drain from the drain hose this did not persuad me of an engine fully drained it led me to beleave ,that the engine was clogged up with no room to breath or circulate lubricants efficiently enough to prolong the life of the engine .my question firstly as my engine is still under warranty .is would my immeadiate instinct to flush out the engine of all sludge in any way void my warranty .please help me make the correct decision .........Engine Type C3.4-T 62KW CATTERPILLER ENGINE

SERIAL No. CJR 06732

ARRANGMENT NO.393 5499

THIS ENGINE IS FITTED TO A LEEBOY 8515D