Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: In need of a generic G398TA emissions performance sheet

Your engine has a serial number of a very early gas engine when the diesel and gas engine was identified with the same serial number prefix.  The first real G398 had a serial number prefix of 73B.

I am fairly sure that your engine is not a low emission engine.  Are you sure that your engine is high compression?  If it is HCR, then it would need 90 deg F coolant for the SCAC (aftercooler) to stay out of detonation.  Most G398 TA engines are LCR and that would fit your rating of 625 hp @ 1200 rpm; SCAC of 130 deg F coolant.  If your engine was a low emission, it would have negative fuel regulators and be adjusted to near 8% O2 out the stack.  Cat didn't build many low emission G398 TA engines.Your comment about a three way catalyst also indicates that your engine is not a low emission.  A three way catalyst air fuel ratio adjustment would be near 0.5% O2 out the stack to have the exhaust at the correct AFR for the three way catalyst.  

If you have a three way catalyst rich burn engine, you also need an air fue ratio control to keep the engine AFR in the narrow band to meet the three way catalyst requirements.

Best Regards,

Al Hunt

another question came up as I am looking at this list.  How would I know if my engine is a low emissions unit?  the HP/ RPM rating match up to a low emissions engine but I would like to know what that is.

Thanks again.

Thank you!  this is what I am looking for.

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Here is the generic G398 emission data from the Blue Book Performance data by Cat.  You should look at the data on the "catalyst" line fir the G398 HCR rating.  If you need more info, please ask.

Best Regards,

Al HuntG398 Emission Data from Blue Book.jpg

Re: In need of a generic G399TA emissions performance sheet

I have a similar question, in need of emission info.  I have a Cat G 398 HCTA, Natural gas, Rich burn.  Serial # 66B172.  635HP at 1200RPM, Jacket water regulated to 180F.

I dont know how to answer the low emission or non low emission question.  The Skid does have a 3 way catalyst which I am trying to get info from the manufacturer as well. 

Thank you,

Perry

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: In need of a generic G399TA emissions performance sheet

We would need the rating of the engine (speed, horsepower, low emission or non-low emission, auxiliary cooling temperature) in order to furnish accurate performance information.  If you can furnish this info, we will respond with information to match your engine.

Best Regards,

Al Hunt

In need of a generic G399TA emissions performance sheet

Can anyone supply a generic emissions performance sheet for a G399TA serial #49C______.??

Thanks in advance