Highlighted

Re: 301 lubrication

For some good gun grease products.You can read about best gun grease here.

Visitor

OK, here's the final story.  I took the advice and got one of the needle adapters and it worked just fine.  In the process, 1 of the zerks wouldn't hold the grease so I decided to change it out.  Short version: couldn't get a socket large enough to fit the zerk into the recess.  So I took out the pocket knife and scrapped around enough to determine that both pins hald been rolled inwards.  In fact, although these two pins are smaller OD, the recess ID is the same as all the others once I cleaned the ridge off using the dremel.  Now I have a new tool and the answer to my problem.  Thanks

Contributor

Its worth a try. You can also try on-line. I did a quick check and found a site that list grease gun fittings as products they sell. It just depends on your grease gun if any will work.

http://www.thomasnet.com/products/fittings-grease-gun-29781838-1.html

Visitor

Thanks, I'll try that.  I'd gone through the 2 local auto parts, TSC, and 2 hardware stores with no luck.  I'll swing by the local Deere dealer this weekend and see what I can find.  I appreciate the help.
Contributor

I think y ou can get an adaptor for your grease gun down to the size of a needle. Just measure the daimeter of your grease gun and your dealer or tool supply should be able to find an adaptor of that size that has a fine point at the end. you shouldn't have to remove each time.
Visitor

301 lubrication

Hello all.  First post.  I just got a 301.5 and immediately went to checking fluids and lubricating all the points.  It has the 12" bucket and the 2 pins won't accept any grease gun that I have.  The recess for the zerk is too small ID to accept any gun fitting that I have or can find.  Any suggestions?  It can't be as difficult as removing the zerk and putting in a new one each time I want to lube those 2 points.  Everything else is fine.  Thanks.