Re: 3116 Engine additions

Thank you Dave, I will be sure to get all the parts I can.

Super Contributor

Re: 3116 Engine additions

Installing an air compressor is fairly simple. Just remove the current cover plate and install compressor. Make sure you install the support bracket and oil line. Compressor air intake should be thru a separate filter or plumbed into the engine air filter.

3116 Engine additions

Hello All,

New owner here, have a 96 C6H GMC LoPro with a 3116 motor. I'm not a mechanic, my trade is welding/fabrication, but I do wrench on my own equipment. I bought this on a whim and have not decided what to build on it yet; could be a flat bed, a dump truck or a welding truck, or even a combonation of all three lol. The truck currently does not have an air compressor, is it possible to put one on it and how difficult is it? I have found one for the best price around, elbow grease to remove it from current dead engine lol. Am I correct in assuming the install is fairly simple, basicly reverse of removal? I also plan on removing the side cover on the Allison tranmission to see if it is possible to add a pto, which if it is opens more ideas for the truck. :D