Super Contributor

Re: 3126 vs 3306

40 lb ft
Contributor

Dave,

Would you happen to know what torque spec is for idle pulley bolt? Thanks again.
Super Contributor

It may be possible but likely not worth the trouble. Individual parts not available. Idler only available as an assembly.
Contributor

Is it possible to press out the old bearing in idler pulley and press in new?
Super Contributor

The water pump belt is 7E0744. Your engine does not have the flexible high-pressure oil line. Check the fuel tank and see if the fuel is black. If it is, the injectors are leaking internally and allowing oil back to the fuel tank through the fuel return. This is often the cause of oil consumption. The air filter is supplied by the OEM, not Caterpillar. Take unit to Cat dealer and have the engine software updated to the latest low-nox file. Takes about 10 minutes.
Contributor

Dave,. You are a wealth of information and I cannot thank you enough.

Can you please give a part # for a v belt for my engine? Not the big serpentine belt, I just replaced that.

Also,. There is a cat guy on you tube that says we can buy a steel or hardened high pressure oil line going to injectors to replace the rubber high pressure hose that will eventually dry rot and fail. Can u give me that cat part # upgrade steel line?

Also,. There is a small oil leak appears to be visible by and above starter. I need to put a gallon of oil back in motor every 3K miles so that's not bad. I add just over a quart every 1,000 miles. Can u tell me where that oil leak is likely coming from?

I also could use a part # for an engine air filter in my RV. It is encased in a sheet metal-like tube with large diameter rubber intake hose going to motor that has to be completely disassembled to remove air filter

Thanks again!

Tom
Super Contributor

You heard wrong. Engines ship from the factory complete.
Contributor

It might be possible they did this for the RV chassis maker Magnum. From what I heard, cat just sold their long blocks to Magnum with what they wanted done to them.
Super Contributor

Have a Cat dealer plug in to the engine ECM and read the engine data. That's the only way to know for certain. Engine left the factory at 250HP. Changing to 300HP would have required new injectors, software and crankshaft damper.
Contributor

Dave, in the engine model description on engine tag it says 3126 300HP.