Re: The usual need more power question

Thanks for the advice. I figured I was not able to get much more out of it. 375 hp is not much but 1550 ft lbs of torque is probably more than it has now. I don't have to be the first one to the top of the hill anymore anyways. 

Super Contributor

Re: The usual need more power question

Your engine can be rerated up to 550HP. It depends on how much money you want to spend. Any HP above 410 will require different pistons and camshaft, along with injectors, turbo, and software. You can go up to 410HP with just a different turbo and software. The engine would be 410HP with 1550 Lb Ft torque. However, you can make the engine 375HP multi-torque, which has the same 1550 Lb Ft torque, with just a software change and no rerate charge. Software part number is 1851187. Your Cat dealer can do this in just a few minutes.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The usual need more power question

I am retired but I just bought a 96 IHC with 600,000 actual miles on it in mint condition and I am going to lease on to my son's authority and run part time. The decal on the engine says it is a 3406 5ek62530 arrangement number 113-9906 hp is 375. I would like to get a little more hp out of it and I realize it probably cant be turned up much more. I have called Cat in Syracuse several times to inquire if it can be turned up and how much but all I get is the run around and somebody will call me back but they never do. Can anybody here answer this question for me?????