Visitor

Re: 279c parking brake stuck yellow triangle alert on

Took the joystick off, checked wires put it back together and all is well. Thanks for the heads up.....Great advice.

Highlighted
Visitor

Was your joystick this model?

Left Joystick

Yes same. No matter what I tried parking brake wouldn't release
Visitor

Thank you for the reply,I will look in to this part. Just another question. On my 279c the yellow triangle is blinking and the parking brake stays on. Is this what yours did?

Thanks for your time.

Turned out to be the joystick itself. The entire thing comes out Basically it's like a computer mouse and the thing somehow defaulted to full travel forward...so the machine won't let the parking brake off.

Was a 600-800$ part though I remember not cheap!
Visitor

Hello, how did you fix your problem?I have the same issue with my 279c as well. Your post is 3 years old but I hope to get an answer as there does not seem to be a lot on the web about this problem. Thanks

279c parking brake stuck yellow triangle alert on

but i have hydraulics for the bucket

happened suddenly (worked fine the day before)  machine is parked at a job along a major highway

checked switches, figured out which solenoid it was and upon jumping get a click

both yellow wires coming from ecm seem to have power going through them to the solenoid

thing is i dont have a new style code system, only have hour meter on the machine so no way to run codes

(as far as i know)   also i have cleaned the obvious grounds and batt terminals that i could see

machine is basically stuck in the mud with no truck access to get it out

any ideas on where else to start?   thank you!