Highlighted
Visitor

Re: TL 943

I've heard of the advance solenoid on some pumps but this one only has one. And it has two wires.

pump part #292-3461

Pump GP #2698487

Contributor

on the pump, there are 2 solenoids, the one with 2 wires is the cold advance solenoid, the one with the single wire is the shut off solenoid.

Visitor

Thanks for the info and interest. The solenoid on this machine has two wires. 12v when running, nothing when it isn't. I pulled it out and watched the knob at the end go in and out with the key off and on. I was told sometimes they can have a bad seat so against my intuitions I put a new one in. No change. It doesn't run well with the key off but it slowly idles down and spit and bucks for almost 30 secs sometimes before stopping. More of an annoyance right now than a performance issue. I'm concerned though because I've been reading about problems with these Delphi pumps and don't want a unexpected no start or power problem. I can unplug it while running it stays running. Unplugged transfer pump as well same thing. Disconnected alternator in case of back feeding no change. Checked idle rpm lowered it right down no change. I've checked cylinder balance in case of drooling nozzle, seems normal. Starting to pull my hair out.
Contributor

use a 12v test light or voltmeter

turn ignition key switch to ON position, do not start then engine.

if you have a continuos +12v signal at the fuel shut off solenoid on the pump, even after key is turn to Off position, check your ignition switch or a short in the wiring harness.

if no voltage is present at the fuel shut off solenoid when key is turned to Off, the ignition switch is good and the shut off solenoid is stuck open, 

there should be ONLY one wire on the solenoid

Untitled - 2.jpg

Visitor

TBL00994
Contributor

serial number?

located on the chassis, behind the left front tire

Visitor

TL 943

Hello  Im dealing with a 943 telehandler with the 3054c perkins engine.  Seems to run fine but continues to run after key is off.  Shutdown solenoid seems operational, no oil from turbo.  wondering about injection pump or nozzles.  Anyone come across this or have any ideas?