Re: Valve cover leaking Fuel @ left rear corner. Eng 3204 DI sn# (45V----) IT28B 1hf1852

Not bad at all

Super Contributor

Re: Valve cover leaking Fuel @ left rear corner. Eng 3204 DI sn# (45V----) IT28B 1hf1852

Like I previously stated, the adapter will expel fuel from the weep hole if the internal fuel nozzle connection is leaking, for whatever reason. This prevents fuel contamination of the crankcase oil as the fuel leaks to the outside. The adapter is the connection point for the external and internal fuel lines. The nozzle and/or adapter seat is likely slightly damaged and causing the leak. Replacing the nozzle and adapter should correct the problem.
Visitor

Another way to ask the question is what causes adapter to leak thru hole. Do they just fail, or is it cantamination or blockage at nozzle.

Visitor

I  was wondering how the heak that could be happening. What are the functions of those adapters. Are they there for in case injecter get plugged that there is somewhere to dump fuel. i noticed no return lines off head area.  I would like to thank you for your response. I have been a profesional field mechanic for 30 years and have never came across this. Not too familar with this specifec engine class

Super Contributor

If the nozzle to thru-head adapter connection leaks, the fuel is leaked out thru a small hole in the adapter. The o-ring on the nozzle prevents the fuel from leaking into the crankcase, which is the only reason the o-ring is there. Replace the nozzle and the thru-head adapter.
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Valve cover leaking Fuel @ left rear corner. Eng 3204 DI sn# (45V----) IT28B 1hf1852

When, Engine is running it is observed that fuel is dripping out of left rear corner of valve cover. Amount of fuel increases with RPMS. engine missing , starts normal.  How & Why would fuel be coming out of the left rear corner of valve cover.All Fuel connections are tight and orings are good at the adapter assy's between exterior and interior lines.  

IT28-B  SN#- 1HF1852    Engine not original, no sn# tag.  3204 direct injection turbo  ( group 45V-------- ) from what I can tell.

Please help, Thanks. Michael K