Contributor

Re: ecm working

Thank you for sharing this very nice post we have a unknown problem with cat c18 acert .when it was started gave a all cylinders open and engine load increase to 60 percent .the ecm checked by diag but it didnot present any thing please help me to solve this problem thanks .
Contributor

Thanks for sharing this very nice post sharing
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The throttle position sensor is a major input to the ECM for its output to the injectors, less throttle causing the ECM to fire the injectors at a smaller timescale and more throttle causing the ECM to fire injectors longer.  If the engine is equipped with a Mass Air Flow sensor,  and/or an Intake Air Temperature sensor, those inputs will also influence the ECM to modulate the injector firing timescale.

Depending on the engine, there can be other sensor inputs to the ECM which shape its output signals to the injectors.

Contributor
Accepted Solution

ecm working

Dear all
hi i have a question about working ecm.i dont know that how dose the ecm detemine the value of fuel and time for open and close injectors?and why do we get cylinder open alarm on engine some times ?please help me .thanks to all.