Re: 3126B popping noise

[ Edited ]

Hey there,    Is there any updates regarding my issue? Did anyone has a solution? I am still having this issue and I am unable to find any solution on my own. Please help me with any soltuin. KrogerFeedback Thanks 

Contributor

It may be a simple adjustment of tne intake and exhaust valves. However My problem was solved by replacing one broken cam follower. Relatively easy except the entire after cooler had to be removed to access the cam follower’s four bolts on tne side of tne engine. This can be completed without removing the engine from the boat.

I am also having this issue. It has developed a slight knock when engine is under load, some black smoke at the same time, idles fine and runs fine at mid and lower rpm when cruising easy no load. Please give any solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

3126B popping noise

Good morning folks, On our 3126B we hear a loud popping in intake at idle. Found excessive rocker to valve stem clearance on #3 exhaust valve. Re-adjusted clearance and popping stopped. Popping returned later and more stem to rocker clearance was observed and readjusted clearance having checked pushrod and then made sea trial. wDT port 2700 stud 2650, individually wot port 2300 stud 22200. gives the impression of badly damaged cam lobe or cam follower on #3 exhaust.

Can anyone suggest otherwise as to what we can check before removing we move on to dismantle the engine?