Highlighted

Re: CAT COMM ADAPTER III

Sily question: did you tried to connect on another equipment? I had a similar problem and in the end the problem was on the equipment side.

What is funny is: you can't flash it... so if it doesn't work on another equipment, you should consider buying another adapter.

Contributor

Can anyone help with my problem? I have examined the entire Internet in search of a solution. Cable is the one which is needed 3704617. But anyway the program Comm Adapter 3 Toolkit says that is not responding, respectively to flash impossible. Despite the fact that device Manager in my computer shows as a cat Comm adapter 3 (it is correctly). Windows 7 32bit. The adapter is connected via USB cable. Cat ET 2015B. The Comm Adapter 3 Toolkit V. 3 1.9.0.32

Contributor

i mean 3704617

Contributor

Part number of my cable is 317-7487 CA3-USB PC

Super Contributor

I wanted the cable part number. The correct cable is a 3704617. Around $30 from your local Cat dealer. Discard cables with any other part number.
Contributor

sorry. adapter is 317-7485 Smiley Embarassed

Contributor

it is not before my eyes right now. on the one hand DB15,  like in the computer VGA, on the other ordinary USB type A. the adapter itself 317-7484, without a separate usb input

Super Contributor

Comm adapter needs to be powered up through the 9 pin connector and NOT through the USB port. Open ET and click "stop connect". Then open the tool kit and flash new firmware. What is the part number of your USB cable?
Contributor

I have a licensed version of Cat ET, I tried, but the comm adapter 3 tool kit says that the device does not respond, although the adapter in device Manager computer displays correctly. :(

Super Contributor

You can update the firmware in the comm adapter with a licensed version of Cat ET under utilities, comm adapter 3 tool kit.