Contributor

Re: ADEM

Mr. Cat god sir, Your underclocking my question. enlighten me on the operating system. The interface between the software and the hardware. I digress, example: D3456 EMCP2+ ADEM2. There is an active AL4 fault at the controller. the ECM has no active faults or events rather, only a status flag for low coolant temp. The coolant temp sensor is appropriately reading 130 degrees however the ECM has lost its ability to associate this information with the set point written in its flash memory or double e prom whatever. Now I'm only assuming this set point is contained in the flash file because I can't find publications regarding this type of information. Simply put I want more information regarding ADEMs. Say'n it doesn't exist is irrational.
Super Contributor

Did I say "EIS"??? Maybe I need to make it clearer, the ADEM control (Advanced Diesel Engine Management) control came out in production as a "C" version, with an access door and replaceable EEPROM., and was used in diesel engine applications. The "D" ADEM come out as a field flashable controller with no memory chip external access, used primarily in 3500 diesels, with additional engine families following. With the introduction of the ADEM 3 (the "Diesel" got dropped and it became ADvanced Engine Management Control) and was applied to many gas engine platforms as well, also used as a transmission shift control, hydraulics control, and just about anything else E&E needed to use as a controlling platform. Now it has progressed to the ADEM 4, used on both gas and diesel engine families, and other applications as well.

There is no single A&I guide for the ECM's in general, as I said before, there are a number of special instructions published for ADEM controls applied to specific applications. A fairly broad general description of some of the ECM's is contained in LEBW4981 Diesel Engine Control Systems.

Mike L.

Contributor

Not seeking information on EIS modules.just information on everything related to ADEM 2-4... Like an application and installation guild book
Super Contributor

Which one? There are a number of ADEM controls on many engines. There are quite a few Special Instructions for ADEM controls as applied to specific engine families, such as A3 on G3500 engines, so need to know what you are looking for more specific.

Regards, Mike L.

Contributor
Accepted Solution

ADEM

Is there an application guild book for ADEM ECM's
Engine service Manuel's lack so much information