Super Contributor

Re: R450M AVR output

Yes, S1 and S2 are the droop CT inputs, and require shorting on both the AVR and on the secondary output of the droop CT if it is installed.

Contributor

I have had a read and would like help clearing up a connection i came across the other day.

I found S1 and S2 disconnected and bridged out on the Leroy Somers R450M AVR. Am i right in assuming that this is the secondary side of a CT and hence requires bridging when disconnected.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for that. I will have a thorough read of this and hopefully clear a few things up

Super Contributor

Usually the listed excitation is at generator full load output (in kVA).

This is one of the best overall generator troubleshooting guides I have run across, 

https://stamford-avk.com/sites/default/files/literature/fault-finding-manuals/TD_FAULT_MAN_GB_JULY_2...

Even though it isn't a CAT manual, it covers the overall aspects of generator troubleshooting, I used to use it in training classes I gave to dealer technicians and customers, always got a good response.

MikeL.

Contributor

R450M AVR output

Hi 

Trying to pick up quick fault finding techniques. New to power generation and would like to know fault finding techniques for AVRs, more specifically leroy Somers R450M. What output should i be getting out of F+ and F-. If the alternator nameplate says for example 22VDC excitation voltage then is that what is to be expected at full load?

Looking to pick up all the information i can guys so i can start contributing