Visitor

Re: Synchronizing /Load-sharing Panel Installation

Hi..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the speed brick is a PWM generator for the ADEM II. It also provides droop feature needed for manual paralleling. In ADEM III the droop feature is in the controller and can be set using the ET.. When you use a ADEM II and provide a PWM signal from the EGCP then the speed brick will need to be bypassed. The droop signal also will open. The normal way is to use the Auto manual switch in the panel

Visitor

where you are located? download Woodward Channel directory here to find local channels

http://www.woodward.com/workarea/downloadasset.aspx?id=2147490601

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Contact Woodward

Hi guys, I am new in this forum I want to know if easygen 3200-5 module is repairable?
Regular Contributor
Employee

Hi E,

The speed brick is a PWM generator for the ADEM II. It also provides droop feature needed for manual paralleling. In ADEM III the droop feature is in the controller and can be set using the ET.. When you use a ADEM II and provide a PWM signal from the EGCP then the speed brick will need to be bypassed. The droop signal also will open. The normal way is to use the Auto manual switch in the panel.. In Manual position the speed brick and the droop lines get connected and in auto the droop opens and the speed brick is switched by the PWM signal from the EGCP..

Hope this helps...

Contributor

E,

Srivatsa has provided very good information regarding the interface between the EGCP-3 and the CAT.  If you have further questions regarding the EGCP-3 operation, then please direct those questions to SupportPGD_NAand CA@woodward.com

With appropriate tuning, the ADEM2 and EGCP-3 should provide very stable load share operation.

Contributor

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Srivatsa,

OK, I have to ask. Since the ADEM II only does isochronous, what is the Droop input to the ADEM II used for?  I can see the Droop input on the schematic and on the Speed Brick there is also a droop pot. to adjust.

Thanks very much for all the input. It is very helpful.
E

Contributor

Jumaj,

I can assist you with information regarding the Easygen-3200, however, you can get more regional assistance by directing your questions to SupportPGD_MEA@woodward.com

sdc-DEIF has made vary valuable comments regarding the problems at your site.

There are over 10,000 Easygens in service.  They are a great control for the money, but as Soren has mentioned, "you get what you pay for."  Greatness would require some internal protections against incorrect wiring and high voltage spikes, and internal terminating resistors for communications.  Really, not a big list, but the added costs would price it out of many markets.

As with all electronic devices, take the precations to prevent the fly back voltages from collapsing relays and solenoids.  Use well shielded cable on control and communication lines to reduce induced noise that may prevent proper operation.

The Easygen can communicate and control the Scania via J1939.  The Easygens can supply the PWM signal to bias the speed setpoint in the CAT ADEM.

Easygen-3200 can be configured from the front display, or via 232 null modem cable connection to a computer with Toolkit configuration software.  Toolkit software is free and available on the Woodward website.

There are many fine genset controls on the market being supplied by ourselves, Woodward, as well as our competitirs, DEIF, ComAP, Basler, DeapSea, and others.  We all do the basics, and we differ in how we handle advanced features.  It is importantant to find the control that best fits your application.  However, the key is to find the product with the best local or accessable support.

I have little doubt that your 5510 controllers would properly handle your application.  Installation, configuration, and commissioning are all important to succeess. Again, it is all about the support.

Feel confident that if Easygen-3200 are installed, then they can handle the task  --  provided that they are installed and set up properly.