Cat Dealer
Dealer

Re: VR3 to VR6

yes, do check your connections at taps but dont forget to adjust the KNEE FREQUENCY. If not properly adjusted, you may not reach to your desired voltage.

Hussan

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Re: VR3 to VR6

on some 3500 gensets older ones with vr3's they were 480 volt sensing or line to line three phase , thats for 480vac 60hz . if you have a 12 lead try placing the sensing at the center taps 4/7 5/8 and 6/9 on a 480 vac that would give you 240 at the taps ... on a 415 vac should be the same but the sensing would be appox. 206vac at the taps . desired output can be adjusted up from there . there shoul be room in the pots to do what you want ..... check the vr-6 book for more info
Cat Dealer
Dealer

VR3 to VR6

Hi,

I have an old SR4 Alternator (415Vac 50 Hz ) and the VR3 Voltage regulator has failed, i need to replace it with a VR6 but i am getting line voltage on the sensing leads , do the VR3 and VR6 use the same PT Ratio as i am findind it hard to locate the information on SIS. the max Voltage out i can get is 350 Vac and i think this is due to incorrect sensing also the PM reads 77 Volts not 90Volts. Any advice would be great