Contributor

Detonation Alarm Appeared For Gas Engine G3520

Hi friends, i have question here. My gas engine having a problem with Detonation alarm. It caused trip of my engine. Based on histories in CAT tool was mentioned that detonation alarm happen at few of cylinder, not at all. Some of checking had been done such check the harness, swapping the sensor. But this problem still unable to solve. I looking for your advise what is other way to solve this problem. Any further infomation that you guys need please do not hesitate to let me know. Hopefully it could be solve as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Contributor

Re: Detonation Alarm Appeared For Gas Engine G3520

May be you have real detonation in cilinders. Give more info: 1) what load % or idle when detonation appears. 2) check condition of deton. cilinders by mini camera. 3) do you have load valve in gas line? If have, then try to little close load valve to: rise air and less gas in mixture.
There are many reason of detonation. Give more information.
Contributor

Hi you must remove the air cleaner in operation of generator ,if solved the problem you must change air cleaner .
Or
Riched the feul to air
You must set rhe air to feul ratio

Safety precautions and warnings are provided in this manual and on the product. If these hazard warningsare not heeded, bodily injury or death could occur to you or to other persons.The hazards are identified by the “Safety Alert Symbol” and followed by a “Signal Word” such as“DANGER”, “WARNING” or “CAUTION”. The Safety Alert “WARNING” label is shown below.The meaning of this safety alert symbol is as follows:
Attention! Become Alert! Your Safety is Involved.
The message that appears under the warning explains the hazard and can be either written or pictoriallypresented.Operations that may cause product damage are identified by “NOTICE” labels on the product and inthis publication.
Caterpillar cannot anticipate every possible circumstance that might involve a potential hazard.The warningsin this publication and on the product are, therefore, not all inclusive. If a tool,procedure, work method or operating technique that is not specifically recommended by Caterpillar is used, you must satisfy yourself that it is safe for you and for others. You should also ensure thatthe product will not be damaged or be made unsafe by the operation, lubrication, maintenance or repair procedures that you choose.
The information, specifications, and illustrations in this publication are on the basis of information thatwas available at the time that the publication was written. The specifications, torques, pressures,measurements, adjustments, illustrations, and other items can change at any time. These changes canaffect the service that is given to the product. Obtain the complete and most current information before youstart any job. Caterpillar dealers have the most current information available.

Highlighted
Contributor

Elvis

Yeah............ thanks for your input.

Henry Brand
Visitor

1. Adjust valve bridge and valve lash.

2. May be mechanism damaged  such as push rod, lifter, cam shaft.