Regards

Daniele

Super Contributor

Re: CAT training for sustainability

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Not likely a single class will cover what you are looking for.

CAT Basic Gas Engine training used to be open to customers, I no longer work for a dealer so I can't tell you directly how to enroll.

There are a couple of resources in this forum who may be able to provide more direct answers or even help in setting up training.

Al Hunt is probably one of the most knowledgable on CAT gas engine product in the world, and is a regular visitor to the forum, mostly in the gas compression threads.

Giodeno (sorry not sure of spelling) is also active in the forum and appears to have a lot of gas engine knowledge as well, if you search around the forums you shuold be able to find him.

CAT does not have any combined engine-generator training that i know of, however some dealers more offer it.

There is a CAT training center in Malaga Spain, https://www.cat.com/en_US/support/operations/operator-training1/learning-centers/malaga.html

Biofuel sources can be quite a challenge, in etither gas or liquid fuel production, and how they affect the engines that use them varies widely. I think your best solution would be to try and lay out what types of knowledge you want your technicians to have, and develop a program to meet those needs. It will have to be an ongoing program, and it should be tiered so that you have different levels of expertise to meet all your needs in supporting those kinds of projects.

Hope that helps, MikeL

Visitor

Good morning MikeL,

We are located in Italy, but our technician are operating worldwide, so no problem to get course in an other country.

Basic Gas Engine course could be the first step, especially if cover engine 3000 series. Are the course dispached to anyone or only to CAT dealer technician?

Please let me know to whom I can refer to.

Generally market trend is moving to power up engine with  bio derived gaseous/oil fuels, obtained by i.e. food scrap, from our experience bio-fuel seen can be realy so various depends what the food factory is producing at time. 

Is CAT wondering to conver actual GEN-SET to these fuels?

Regards

Daniele

Super Contributor

So the inital class given by CAT would be the Basic Gas Engine class.  But it won't specifically cover LPG by itself.

Where are you located?  I may be able to direct you to someone who could do a custom class to meet your exact needs.

When you say "bio-fuel", are you asking about bio-diesel, such as B10, B20 of B100 fuel for use in a diesel engine? Or are you asking about bio derived gaseous fuels like from a landfill or digester?

MikeL.

Visitor

MikeL,

You are right, I would train our mechanic and electricians for maintenace of engine such as Caterpillar 3412 or 3512 powered by LPG. 

Some CAT customers are looking to feed engine of this class also with bio fuel.

do you have any info on the matter?!

See you

Daniele

Super Contributor

Can you better define "alternate fuel"?

LPG is normally used in spark ignited (gas) engines, so the CAT Basic Gas Engine class would be a good start.

Some more information will get you a better answer.

MikeL.

Visitor

CAT training for sustainability

Good mooring,

some one from CAT or from other user  knows where to get traing for engine feeded by LPG or other "alternative fuel".
I mean i.e. CAT series 3000 engine: 3412-3512

does CAT held any training for maintenance 

I have checked already on CAT university and I did not find nothing related.

May you help me!

Thanks