Dealer

Re: G3412 with Altronic EPC-150 air fuel ratio control

Mike,
    Yes, I am trying to run lean burn.
                           Nox is 2.0 g/ bhp-hr
                            Co is 4.0 g/ bhp-hr

Super Contributor

So if there is no catalyst are you trying to run the engine as a "lean burn"?

Do you know what your target exhaust O2 is? Do you know what your NOx target is?

MikeL.

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Mike,
         Yes, I am with Yancey and I do know Jerome very well, he is a good man. The generator does not have any catalyst in the system design so I would have to assume that the "full authority"  set up is what I require. It seems I would have to maintain compliance at all times if possible. Thanks, Tom

Super Contributor

So are you with Yancey? Do you know Jerome Miller? He and I used to work together.

There are a couple of different ways to install this AFRC, either as an "enrichment" type control that feeds extra fuel gas into the engine, or a "full authority" type control which controls all the fuel going to the carb.

How is yours installed?

What is your expectations on maintaining compliance?  An enrichment type system on a TA engine only works reasonably well about 50% load, depending on the wastegate setting. A full authority system will provide broader range control.

I assume this is working in conjunction with a three way catalyst and tuned as a "rich burn", right?

MikeL.

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Mike
       The engine is a G3412TA at a gas transmission plant, running on natural gas and it is a ganerator set, 60 hz/ 480 vac at 400 kw. As far as I can see, the engine is well maintained and in good shape. I am located in S. Georgia. Thanks, Tom

Super Contributor

Yes, there are a number of steps, once you go thru it once its pretty easy.

How about some details like,

What kind of engine? Model, serial, T, TA, etc.

What environment?

What fuel?

What is the engine driving? (Mainly need to know is it constant speed like a genset or variable speed like a compressor or pump)

What kind of condition is the engine in? (best control in the world will NOT make a poor engine work right)

Where are you located, might knwo someone who can help you directly if needed.

MikeL.

Cat Dealer
Dealer

Thanks for the reply.
       Im not sure if I am having any problems as of yet as I do not understand set up or operation of the control. Once the steps are set , does the control then go to automatic operation, and does it control through all load steps? Do I need to set up the enrichment as the engine is loaded? It seems very complicated and time consuming or am I just over thinking it?  As usual, its very difficult to get in touch with the distributor, thats why I am reaching out here.

Super Contributor

Yes, I have done several, on CAT and some other brands as well.

What exactly are your problems? Have you talked to your Altronic distributor?

MikeL.

Cat Dealer
Dealer

G3412 with Altronic EPC-150 air fuel ratio control

Hi all,
     Has anyone here ever installed an Altronic EPC-150 air fuel ratio control? I am having difficulties programming the control and need some assistance. Thanks,