Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Marine Power Display won't reset trip info

Mechanic came down Friday and tried to change some settings on the engine ECM and the MPD.  No luck.  I mentioned the updated software and he did not feel that would make any difference.  Starboard MPD has a newer software version on it so I swapped MPD's and still had no luck.  Just thought it was worth a try.

FYI.  I am dealing with my local Cat dealer.  This is not a backyard mechanic doing this in his spare time.  I think the issue may be he is fresh to the marine world from the truck/heavy machinery division.  I think he knows the C9 like the back of his hand but he doesn't know anything about the marine MPD.

Thanks,

Scott

I think you'll have to contact your local Cat dealer

https://www.debtconsolidationo.com
Super Contributor

Start with updating the software in the MPD. Latest file is 3942605. That may correct the issue. You'll have to contact your local Cat dealer to update the software.
Visitor

Engine s/n x9x00280

From MPD (p/n 212-6188-00)

Software version: 244-1029-00

RBL version: 1.03

Serial number: 3481G059MP

Hope this is the information you were looking for.  It appears to be all the info I have access to without the Cat ET connected which I unfortunatly don't have.  I should be able to get additional details from my mechanic if necessary.

Thank you,

Scott

Super Contributor

Post engine serial number, engine software part number that was installed in the new ECM and software part number in the MPD.
Visitor

Yes I know how to do it as have been resetting it at every fuel up for the past 2 years. The problem is it no longer resets when I do that.

Scott

Super Contributor

Press the right and left arrow button simultaneously and display will prompt with "do you want to clear trip data?".
Visitor

Marine Power Display won't reset trip info

I have a pair of C9A with the B&W Marine Power Display.  I just replaced the ECM on the port engine and all the data shows up on the Cat display but the trip information will not reset.  Display p/n is 212-6188-00.  Mechanic said it should work and doesn't have any ideas on how to fix.

Thanks in advance.

Scott